Home Forums The National Under the Cherry Tree TN @ Berlin (press & free show?) TONIGHT 04/04/13

This topic contains 21 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Adam Holy Moses Adam Holy Moses 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    vashuclash
    vashuclash
    Participant

I’m new to posting, so don’t shoot me too much.

Announced via FB a Berlin show tonight

“We’re in Berlin tonight and will be playing some new songs. If you’re free at 9:00 pm, we have a few tickets to giveaway. Email troublewillfindmentnl@gmail.com to enter and we’ll let you know if you’ve won tickets by 5:00 pm Berlin time.”

LogicalHarm
    LogicalHarm

World Premiere tonight, thanks for posting!

Em
    Em
    Participant

I hope for some great YouTube videos tomorrow. :D

LogicalHarm
    LogicalHarm

By the way, for those who were wondering, it’s at the Michelberger Hotel at Warschauer str.

vashuclash
    vashuclash
    Participant

Setlist

https://twitter.com/Brassland/status/319919521215442944/photo/1

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BHCAMRTCUAAO0K5.jpg:large

“Demons

Don’t Swallow The Cap

Heavenfaced

Graceless

Fireproof

Slipped

Sea Of Love

Humiliation

Pink Rabbits

Blood Buzz

Fake Empire

Encore –

I Should Live In Salt

Mr November

Terrible Love

I Need My Girl”

davepoly41
    davepoly41
    Participant

wow, 11 out of 13 played from the new album?!

another uninnocent
    another uninnocent
    Participant

Impressions?

vashuclash
    vashuclash
    Participant

Live videos are okay to post, yes?

Heavenfaced from last night – http://youtu.be/KRA3lyMLjeg

There’s also videos of Terrible Love and a section of Graceless.

Marre
    Marre
    Participant

*goosebumps*

One of the quieter ones from the album I assume. Awesome vocal from Matt, love when he goes from his deeper voice to his higher range in the same song, such a great change and he just sounds so good now. Beautiful. All the songs I’ve heard so far are so above the expectations I had.

TN <3

sea-change
    sea-change
    Participant

Listened to Heavenfaced  ^ and pretty unimpressed. Obviously hard to tell from a youtube but Matt’s vocals sounded “challenging” or challenged. Happy to have to eat these words some time in the future.

LogicalHarm
    LogicalHarm

Just caught a glimpse of Seafrets post above and i’m staying away from this thread and the new material as much as possible. Bad quality rips and shaky live videos do nothing for me at the best of times.

Em
    Em
    Participant

Just after first listen I can say I’m going to like that end of Heavenfaced!

I watched Graceless video also and it was funny how mic was disconnected at the end. :D

emptytuxedo
    Participant

seafret wrote:
    Listened to Heavenfaced ^ and pretty unimpressed. Obviously hard to tell from a youtube but Matt’s vocals sounded “challenging” or challenged. Happy to have to eat these words some time in the future.

I rarely post here, but it baffles me how people can bring such negative energy  into this forum.  No one cares if you were unimpressed.

sea-change
    sea-change
    Participant

I rarely post here, but it baffles me how people can bring such negative energy into this forum. No one cares if you were unimpressed.

Hello empty. I don’t need you to care about me being unimpressed. But if it is not all fluffy bunnies for me I can say so. The beauty of this forum has always been, for me, its strength in holding the emotions and philosophies of its participants. Highs and lows and loves and sorrows are expressed and debated. We shake up, break up and make up.

Razzmatazz
    Participant

Just want to get seafret’s back here. Fanboy/girl-ism is something to be avoided, not strived for – uncritically fawning over something does not tend to make for good discussion. There’s a difference between whinging negativity and fair subjective criticism. We shouldn’t be telling anyone on this forum to hold his or her opinion back, as long as it veers more towards the latter category than the former.

(Personally I shall steer clear of shaky live recordings altogether, despite my rising curiosity. My attempts at stoicism have served me well in the past. Just one more month!)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.