Perhaps I am, although I’m not sure what world just now. Also, can I just clarify, it will be “all the very best of us string ourselves up for love” without the ‘appeals’ on the end, because that would be weird.
i have 5 national tattoos up to this day but i’m planning on getting many more (tattoos are addictive, especially the meaningful ones)
so here are mine:
• my first tattoo ever was the classical line from “baby, we’ll be fine”. i love it and cherish it and it is a constant reminder that i must be strong.
• this line is from “runaway”, which was my first contact with ntl.
• i’ve always loved “geese of beverly road” and thought it would be a cool way to show it: getting a sky served with a big slice of lemon.
• it’s been a few years since “boxer” became my favorite ntl album. it means a lot to me and it has followed me through good and bad times; it’s been a constant to me, something to reach out to when things are nice, something to hold on to when things are not that nice. so i decided i would get a boxer tattoo and this is what i got: it was created from scratch by a friend of mine and it has elements from each song (even some b-sides). the writings in it are from a description to the album in a record store, and it says: “brooding, dark, hopelessly romantic, superlative rock when it wants to be & almost baroquely classical. an album to learn to love, track by track, play by play”. since it has a female image, we like to refer to it as a person and we even gave it a name: it’s called ada.
• ntl came back to brazil this year after 7 long years and using my boxer tattoo i convinced the producers i deserved meeting them, so they took me backstage after the show. i only got to meet matt, actually, but now i have not only a permanent reminder of this encounter, but also a pretty cool handwriting on my leg with one of my favorite lines ever: