Home Forums The National The Band Rarities + Live

  • Author
    Posts
  • #11967
    indiegreatlakes
    indiegreatlakes
    Participant

    The Black Sessions from 2003 and 2005 are incredible, especially since live recording prior to 2005 seem nearly nonexistent. The trouble most find is the skips or blips on the tracks. I’ve tried so many links and either I’m getting the same versions of the sessions or all have the same trouble. I’m told there are 2003, 2005, and 2007 Black Sessions without the skips and blips, but I have no clue where to find them. Any suggestions? Thanks very much!

    #11968
    vile bastard
    vile bastard
    Participant

    <div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>indiegreatlakes wrote:</div>The Black Sessions from 2003 and 2005 are incredible, especially since live recording prior to 2005 seem nearly nonexistent. The trouble most find is the skips or blips on the tracks. I’ve tried so many links and either I’m getting the same versions of the sessions or all have the same trouble. I’m told there are 2003, 2005, and 2007 Black Sessions without the skips and blips, but I have no clue where to find them. Any suggestions? Thanks very much!

    Wow, you really seem to have a hard-on for the Black Sessions!
    Both the 2003 and 2005 recordings are available for purchase on cd-r from Sangatte Records who can be found with an easy google.
    Virgin and doctored versions of both have been made available on ATW over the years and (forgive me but) this topic is deja-vu all over again.
    I got mine from Pretty Boy but he seems to be absent from this revised forum.
    Presumably you have found a decent White Sessions so the solution is available from Sangatte but you have to ask whether the cost of fixing a couple of minor flaws is worth it?

    #12751
    wout-er
    wout-er
    Participant

    Does anyone have a link to the full versions of ‘I Need My Girl’ and ‘Runaway’, from the BBC Radio 2 session on the Dermot O’ Leary show from Saturday 23rd September?
    The website only has snippets, the full show is no longer available on the iPlayer on the site.
    You can still listen to the interview though: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03j0vk6.

    #12953

    Fake Empire
    Participant

    <div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>wout-er wrote:</div>Does anyone have a link to the full versions of ‘I Need My Girl’ and ‘Runaway’, from the BBC Radio 2 session on the Dermot O’ Leary show from Saturday 23rd September?<br>
    The website only has snippets, the full show is no longer available on the iPlayer on the site.<br>
    You can still listen to the interview though: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03j0vk6.

    From Dim : https://www.mediafire.com/?9cchgv210q2ocn5
    Thanks to the uploader 🙂

    #12954
    wout-er
    wout-er
    Participant

    Thanks!!

    #13415

    MsSmack
    Participant

    I have a recording from Austin City Limits, with Band of Horses and The National. THey’re not playing together but they happen to be my fave bands. Very high quality.

    Here is the link. Don’t know dates, only Season 36 but shouldn’t be hard to figure out.

    http://acltv.com/episode/season-36/the-national-band-of-horses/

    #13473
    indiegreatlakes
    indiegreatlakes
    Participant

    Do you happen to have a link for your Austin City Limits audio? I’d love to hear it!

    #13529

    Tom
    Participant

    I’ve ripped the audio from the 6 Music Festival show and split it into individual files, if anyone is interested let me know and I can send it to you. I seem to be missing Sea of Love though, does anyone know if it was actually broadcast either on the live stream or the radio?

    #13539
    Slowshow
    Slowshow
    Participant

    <div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>Tom wrote:</div>I’ve ripped the audio from the 6 Music Festival show and split it into individual files, if anyone is interested let me know and I can send it to you. I seem to be missing Sea of Love though, does anyone know if it was actually broadcast either on the live stream or the radio?

    Yes please Tom – garytwalker1@yahoo.co.uk

    #13540
    LogicalHarm
    LogicalHarm
    Moderator

    <div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>Tom wrote:</div>I’ve ripped the audio from the 6 Music Festival show and split it into individual files, if anyone is interested let me know and I can send it to you. I seem to be missing Sea of Love though, does anyone know if it was actually broadcast either on the live stream or the radio?

    Can you zip it and upload it to a server please?

    #13541

    Tom
    Participant

    <div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>LogicalHarm wrote:</div>

    <div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>Tom wrote:</div>I’ve ripped the audio from the 6 Music Festival show and split it into individual files, if anyone is interested let me know and I can send it to you. I seem to be missing Sea of Love though, does anyone know if it was actually broadcast either on the live stream or the radio?

    Can you zip it and upload it to a server please?

    Edit: Ok. This should work: http://www36.zippyshare.com/v/66789081/file.html
    I haven’t checked the link, so let me know if there’s a problem.

    Some of the songs are from different sources to others (found Sea Of Love eventually – the weird sounds at the start of that are Matt throwing mics about, nothing to do with the rip!) so it might sound a bit odd in places. Let me know if there are any major issues and I’ll try to sort it.

    #13545
    Columbus_George
    Columbus_George
    Participant

    It works fine, however the correct download button is the red one on the top right. Do not click on those other “green” Download Now and Download buttons (those are advertisements).

    #13557
    LogicalHarm
    LogicalHarm
    Moderator

    Vielen Dank!

    #13565
    ASMS_17
    ASMS_17
    Participant

    Thanks, Tom! 🙂

    #13817
    graceless
    graceless
    Participant

    any bootlegs from the recent toronto shows?

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 179 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

ntl-barn