Home Forums The National Under the Cherry Tree Irving Plaza Thursday Jan. 25, 2018!!

• Author
    mgico
    mgico
    Participant

Very excited to have scored tickets to see The National on Thursday night Jan. 25 at Irving Plaza for Grammy Week! Can’t wait! (The first time I ever saw/heard The National was at Irving Plaza on Dec. 31, 2005, almost exactly 12 years and one month ago!)

LogicalHarm
    LogicalHarm

have the best time! can’t believe they’re playing there – had many good nights there, but never expected them back there!

mgico
    mgico
    Participant

Thanks, LogicalHarm! It should be hot, sweaty, cramped, crowded–and totally amazing! I can’t believe I’m seeing them again in such a small venue, and in the very place where I heard them for the first time! I expect to get wine spilled on me and sweat dripped on me from the stage! 🙂

mgico
    mgico
    Participant

Setlist:

Nobody Else Will Be There
    The System Only Dreams in Total Darkness
    Walk It Back
    Don’t Swallow the Cap
    Bloodbuzz Ohio
    Guilty Party
    Dark Side of the Gym
    I Need My Girl
    Conversation 16
    Peggy-O
    Turtleneck
    Lemonworld
    Slow Show
    Carin at the Liquor Store
    Day I Die
    Rylan
    Fake Empire
    Mr. November
    Terrible Love
    About Today

mgico
    mgico
    Participant

Post-show report: It wasn’t hot or sweaty (or at least not very), and it was not uncomfortably crowded or cramped, but it was thoroughly fantastic! The crowd was completely into it, the band sounded great, and Irving Plaza is an incredible venue to see them in. I could do this every night!

billieanne
    Participant

The show was everything! My head will be playing it over and over for a long time.

dawno
    dawno
    Participant

A few months late in replying to this, but what a great night it was! Here’s a link to my video of their cover of Peggy-O that night – we were so excited to finally see it live!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

ntl-barn