June 16, 2015 at 10:06 pm #15073
It’s that time again. Here are my tops for this year so far…
1. Father John Misty – I Love you, Honeybear
2. Viet Cong – Viet Cong
3. Courtney Barnett – Sometimes I sit and think and sometimes I just sit
4. Houndmouth – Little Neon Limelight
5. Other Lives – Rituals
The new MMJ albums is pretty decent, didn’t like MM, still need to listen to SS.
What about you?June 19, 2015 at 12:27 am #15076
1. The Mountain Goats – Beat The Champ
2. The Tallest Man on Earth – Dark Bird Is Home
3. The Decemberists – What a Terrible World, What a Beautiful World
4. Steven Wilson – Hand. Cannot. Erase
5. Mount Eerie – Sauna
Not much else to say about these, nothing has really wowed me. At least the new Tallest Man on Earth got me interested enough to listen to his back catalog, which has been on steady rotation here for the past couple weeks or so. Part of me wants to add Sun Kil Moon to the list, because it features some of my favourite moments of the musical year, but it also has some of the most grating ones as well. At least nothing’s as bad as MM’s “Pistol”. I agree about MMJ, it was alright. Sufjan sounded really good at first, but I tired of it very quickly.
I’m looking forward to finding out where the new Kurt Vile album is going to rank.June 19, 2015 at 2:38 pm #15078
Exile Can WaitParticipant
1. mewithoutYou – Pale Horses
2. Hop Along – Painted Shut
3. Kendrick Lamar – To Pimp a Butterfly
4. The Mountain Goats – Beat the Champ
5. Donnie Trumpet & the Social Experiment – Surf
Hard not to put Natalie Prass on that list, and if the new D’Angelo album can go up there then it should as well but idk if you’d count that as 2014.June 20, 2015 at 5:03 pm #15079
this year is the weakest (musically) one so far…
nevertheless, i love these:
hayden – hey love
xavier rudd & the united nations – nanna
bill fay – who is the sender?
sufjan stevens – carrie & lowellJune 20, 2015 at 5:29 pm #15081
In no particular order…
CTZNSHP – All Things To The Sea
Kendrick Lamar – To Pimp a Butterfly
Sufjan Stevens – Carrie and Lowell
No Joy – More Faithful
Algiers – S/T
I almost included the most recent Blonde Redhead and My Brightest Diamond records, but they both came out September of last year. So file those under belated favourites, I suppose.June 21, 2015 at 7:34 am #15082
Oh man…. where do I start.
1. Sufjan Stevens “Carrie & Lowell”
2. Sleater-Kinney “No Cities To Love”
3. Belle & Sebastian “Girls In Peacetime Want To Dance” (My love for this band never dies.)
4. Jamie XX “In Colour”
5. Kendrick Lamar “To Pimp A Butterfly”
6. Courtney Barnett “Sometimes I Sit And Think, And Sometimes I Just Sit”
7. The Decemberists “What A Terrible World, What A Beautiful World”
8. Waxahatchee “Ivy Tripp”
9. Colleen Green “I Want To Grow Up”
I need more spins on the No Joy record for it to make the list, I just got this week.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.